Adjective: wanted wón-tid
Verb: want wónt
- Desired or wished for or sought
"couldn't keep her eyes off the wanted toy"; "a wanted criminal"; "a wanted poster"
- Characterized by feeling or showing fond affection for
"so good to feel wanted";
- cherished, precious, treasured
- Have a wish for
"I want my own room"; "I want to go home now";
- Have a requirement for
"This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner";
- need, require
- Hunt or look for; require for a particular reason
"Your former neighbour is wanted by the FBI"; "Uncle Sam wants you"
- Wish or demand the presence of
"I want you here at noon!"
- Be without, lack; be deficient in
"want courtesy"; "want the strength to go on living"; "flood victims wanting food and shelter"
See also: craved, desirable, desired, hot, longed-for, loved, welcome, wished-for, yearned-for
Type of: be, demand, lack, look for, miss, search, seek
Encyclopedia: Wanted, a Boy Want