Verb: miss mis
Noun: miss mis
- Fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
"I missed that remark"; "She missed his point";
- Feel or suffer from the lack of
"He misses his mother"
- Fail to attend an event or activity
"I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
- Leave undone or leave out
"How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten";
- neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, leave out, overlook, overleap
- Fail to reach or get to on time
"She missed her train"
- Be without
"There is something missing in my jewellery box!";
- Fail to hit
"The arrow missed the target"
- Be absent
"The child had been missing for a week"
- Fail to experience
"Fortunately, I missed the hurricane";
Noun: Miss mis
- A young woman
"a miss of 18";
- girl, missy, young lady, young woman, fille
- A failure to hit (or meet or find etc)
- A form of address for an unmarried woman
Derived forms: missing, misses, Misses, missed
Type of: adult female, avoid, desire, fail, failure, form of address, go wrong, miscarry, neglect, title, title of respect, want, woman
Antonym: attend, have, hit
Encyclopedia: Miss, Please Be Patient