Noun: loss lós
- Something that is lost
"the car was a total loss"; "loss of livestock left the rancher bankrupt"
- Gradual decline in amount or activity
"weight loss"; "a serious loss of business"
- The act of losing someone or something
"everyone expected him to win so his loss was a shock"
- The disadvantage that results from losing something
"his loss of credibility led to his resignation";
- The experience of losing a loved one
"he sympathized on the loss of their grandfather"
- The amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue
"the company operated at a loss last year";
- red ink, red
- (military) military personnel lost by death or capture
- personnel casualty
- A euphemistic expression for death
"thousands mourned his loss";
- passing, departure, exit, expiration, going, release
Derived forms: losses
Type of: amount, amount of money, casualty, death, decease, decline, diminution, disadvantage, experience, expiry, failure, sum, sum of money, transferred possession, transferred property