Noun: reporting ri'por-ting
Verb: report ri'port
- The news as presented by reporters for newspapers, radio or television
- coverage, reportage
- To give an account or representation of in words
"Discreet Italian police reported it in a manner typically continental";
- describe, account
- Announce as the result of an investigation, experience or finding
"Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city"; "The team reported significant advances in their research"
- Announce one's presence
"I report to work every day at 9 o'clock"
- Make known to the authorities
"One student reported the other to the principal"
- Be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism
"Snow reported on China in the 1950's";
- Complain about; make a charge against
"I reported her to the supervisor"
Derived forms: reportings
Type of: announce, complain, denote, inform, kick, kvetch [N. Amer], moan, news, plain [archaic], quetch, sound off
Encyclopedia: Reporting Report