Noun: shading shey-ding
Verb: shade sheyd
- Graded markings that indicate light or shaded areas in a drawing or painting
- A gradation involving small or imperceptible differences between grades
- Cast a shadow over
- shadow, shade off
- (art) represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- fill in
- Protect from light, heat, or view
"Shade your eyes when you step out into the bright sunlight"
- Vary slightly
"shade the meaning"
- Pass from one quality such as colour to another by a slight degree
"the butterfly wings shade to yellow"
Derived forms: shadings
Type of: alter, block out, change, darken, draw, gradation, graduation, marking, modify, paint, screen
Encyclopedia: Shading Shade, The Changing Man