Noun: date deyt
Verb: date deyt
- The specified day of the month
"what is the date today?";
- day of the month
- A meeting arranged in advance
"she asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date";
- appointment, engagement
- A participant in a date
"his date never stopped talking";
- A particular but unspecified point in time
"they hoped to get together at an early date";
- particular date
- The present
"they are up to date"; "we haven't heard from them to date"
- The particular day, month, or year (usually according to the Gregorian calendar) that an event occurred
"he tried to memorizes all the dates for his history class"
- A particular day specified as the time something happens
"the date of the election is set by law"
- Sweet edible fruit of the date palm with a single long woody seed
- Meet with a lover or potential lover
"Tonight she is dating a former high school sweetheart"
- Stamp with a date
"The package is dated November 24";
- date stamp
- Assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of
"Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings"
- Date regularly; have a steady relationship with
"He is dating his former wife again!";
- go steady, go out, see
- Provide with a dateline; mark with a date
"She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated"
Derived forms: dating, dates, dated
Type of: 24-hour interval, affiliate, associate, assort, calendar day, calendar month, calendar year, civil day, civil year, companion, comrade, consort, day, determine, edible fruit, familiar, fellow, furnish, get together, go out, mean solar day, meeting, month, nowadays, point, point in time, present, provide, render, set, solar day, stamp, supply, twenty-four hour period, twenty-four hours, yokefellow [N. Amer]
Part of: date palm, Phoenix dactylifera
Encyclopedia: Date, HokkaidÅ