Noun: buying bI-ing
Verb: buy (bought) bI
- The act of buying
"buying and selling fill their days";
- Obtain in exchange for payment
"She buys for the big department store";
- (crime) make illegal payments to in exchange for favours or influence
"This judge can be bought";
- bribe, corrupt, grease one's palms
- Be worth or be capable of buying
"This sum will buy you a ride on the train"
- Acquire by trade, sacrifice or exchange
"She wanted to buy his love with her dedication to him and his work"
- Accept as true
"I can't buy this story"
Derived forms: buyings
See also: buy in, buy up
Type of: acquire, be, believe, get, pay, purchase
Encyclopedia: Buying Buy, Kostroma Oblast